5th May 2021
The surgery is closed for training from 12pm
If you need care that cannot wait until the surgery is open, please ring 111 which is a free number. If phoning from a mobile you may be unable to connect to this number – you will then need to phone 0345 46 47 instead
The surgery will re-open tomorrow as normal on
Thursday 6th May 2021
Builth and Llanwrtyd practice is working with Powys Teaching Health Board to roll out the COVID-19 vaccination to our registered patients.
Powys Teaching Health Board has already begun public vaccination through their mass vaccination centres in Bronllys and Newtown, and in Builth Wells from 11 January. Invitations are being sent by the health board to patients aged 80 and over, and all patients aged 80 and over should expect to receive their invitation during January. They have also begun vaccination for care home residents, and for frontline health & care workers.
In addition to the health board’s vaccination centres, we are hopeful that we will be able to offer appointments from week commencing 25th January. We are still currently awaiting confirmation on quantities of vaccine to be supplied.
In the meantime please do not contact the surgery regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. You will be contacted to make an appointment.
Invitations will be sent to patients based on the national priority list in the following order:
- People aged 80 years and over
- People 75 years of age and over
- People 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (“shielding”)
- People 65 years of age and over
- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- People 60 years of age and over
- People 55 years of age and over
- People 50 years of age and over
We will keep you updated with further developments as soon as we can.
More information about the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Powys and across Wales is available from the health board website at www.pthb.nhs.wales/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccination/
We also continue to post messages and share health board updates on our website.
- (no title)UPDATE Unfortunately we continue to have a high level of staff absene and we have therefore had approval to continue closing reception and front door between 12-2. Wednesdays will be different and we will be delivering the flu vaccinations from 1pm (as yesterdays post), there will be no surgery services medical advice will be from […]
- SURGERY CLOSURES FOR DELIVERY OF FLU VACCINATION PROGRAMMEThe surgery will be closed from 1.00 on the following dates to allow delivery of the flu vaccinations to our patients. Wednesday 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th October and 3rd November Tuesday 9th November This has been agreed by the Powys Teaching Health Board for surgeries across Powys. Currently we have stock of the vaccines for […]
- TEMPORARY CHANGESUrgent surgery changes agreed with Powys Teaching Health Board The reception and front door will be closed between 12-2.00 up until Monday 27th September when we will review and update. Due to circumstances beyond our control we only have one doctor on the premises today, they will be prioritising the urgent clinical cases, please do […]
- Closed for TrainingThursday 9th Sept 2021 The surgery is closed for training from 12pm If you need care that cannot wait until the surgery is open, please ring 111 which is a free number. If phoning from a mobile you may be unable to connect to this number – you will then need to phone 0345 46 47 instead The surgery […]
- SURGERY UPDATEAugust 2021 Practice Update – August 2021 Demand on General Practice: Demands on General Practice were always great before the COVID pandemic hit. Our team have worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic and we continue to see increasing demand on our services month by month. We are already dealing with increasing demand for many of our […]
- Closed for trainingTuesday 15th JUNE 2021 The surgery is closed for training from 12pm If you need care that cannot wait until the surgery is open, please ring 111 which is a free number. If phoning from a mobile you may be unable to connect to this number – you will then need to phone 0345 46 47 instead The surgery […]
- Surgery Updatettp://www.gpwebsolutions-host.co.uk/23546/files/2021/05/surgery-update.pdf
- Virtual Meeting with Councillor Jeremy Pugh 29/4/21I have recently had a virtual meeting with Councillor Jeremy Pugh to update him on the present position at the surgery and to field some of the concerns that have been raised with him. ‘I acknowledged that the phone lines had been extremely busy throughout the Covid period and this had been frustrating to individuals […]
- Wednesday 5th May 2021 The surgery is closed for training from 12pm If you need care that cannot wait until the surgery is open, please ring 111 which is a free number. If phoning from a mobile you may be unable to connect to this number – you will then need to phone 0345 46 47 instead The surgery will re-open tomorrow as normal on Thursday 6th May 2021
- Covid service updateApril 21 Dear Patient Covid –new measures We are pleased to announce that we have reviewed the waiting room facilities and are now in a position to re-open the doors as long as we all proceed with caution. To allow us to decide on this course of action we have undertaken a risk assessment, considered […]
- COVID VACCINATIONS AT THE SURGERYDear Patients Covid vaccinations at surgery It’s been a long time coming but at last we have a vaccine supply, although limited. We have been given our patient list to contact, some of you will have already received a call this week. If you haven’t had a call yet please wait for us to contact […]
- GP changesDr Amos after many years of travelling has taken the difficult decision to leave the practice and has secured a position closer to home. She will leave the practice at the end of January. We wish her well with her new position and thank her for all she has done for the practice and patients […]
- Covid vaccinationPowys Teaching Health Board · You will have seen in the news today that the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine has been given MHRA approval, meaning it could be made available in the UK in the coming days.As vaccines have different characteristics, we will be vaccinating health and care staff first, particularly those who are patient/service user facing. […]
- Patient Access SurveyMany of you will have completed our annual survey when you have visited the practice. This year we are having to do this in a different way and we would ask those that are able to complete the survey remotely, this can then either be email back to us on [email protected] or posted through our […]
- 50 -64 Free Flu vaccinationPowys Teaching Health Board Jamie Marchant, Executive Director of Primary Care, Community and Mental Health Services said: “You may be aware of an announcement made by the Welsh Government that free flu vaccinations will now be made available to people aged 50yrs to 64yrs.“Please be patient whilst we work with our colleagues in GP practices […]
- Surgery Update September 2020We know there’s been a lot of discussion in the news this week about GPs providing face-to face-appointments. We wanted to take this opportunity to keep all of our patients updated on how we are operating at the practice and the reasons why. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve remained open to patients. We’ve offered appointments […]